Thursday, April 10, 2014

Meet Our New Puppy!

Hooray! The day I have been looking forward to for three weeks finally arrived. Yesterday evening we went to bring home our little girl. She grew so much since we last saw her! I think she was the biggest of the litter. She was the biggest of the girls for sure and I only saw one of her brothers but she was bigger than him. After some debate we decided to name her Dakota. She is still nervous so she hasn't left her kennel much yet. She whined a lot during the night but we were expecting that. She woke up one of the babies a couple of times but at least he went right back to sleep. 

I'm so excited! It's going to be a lot of work, but we knew what we were getting into. I think a lot of people think we are crazy for getting a puppy right now, but it will work out just fine. Every time I open the back door to bring her outside, everyone rushes over to get out. The babies crawling, our cat Mina loves to try to escape and Superman of course but he likes to help. I'll have to try to distract the babies with something! Next month we will be taking her to puppy obedience classes so that will be good.

Other than the puppy it's been a rough couple of days lately. I had a bad cold last week and I still have it somewhat, but now all the boys have gotten it and are coughing and snotty and feverish, poor babies. I hope they get over it fast because as you know babies absolutely hate having their noses wiped yet they need it every 5 minutes! The best part is every time I pick them up they wipe their faces on my shoulder, but I guess they are just trying to help out.

Look at this sweet little girl!

Our sweet little girl

Our sweet little girl
 
It's almost the weekend already! We have so much we need to get done! What are your weekend plans? 

Want to stay updated? Follow me on Twitter, Facebook or even Pinterest! 
(This post might also be linked up to some of these lovely parties.)

5 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for linking up to this month's Share the Love Blog Hop

    love your new puppy, so cute

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha! We love her too :D Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  2. Aww, she is so cute! Congratulations :) Also, thanks for stopping by today!

    xxo
    ~Chantilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantilly! Hope you have a great weekend :D

      Delete
  3. Soo cute! congratulations. Wanna start puppy training? I do believe that one of the important keys to a successful Puppy Training is making yourself the pack leader. Establish first your role as a leader and everything will be easy. http://www.myobedientk9s.com Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...