Monday, July 21, 2014

Shredded Beef Barbeque

Shredded Beef Barbeque

Everyone likes a super easy recipe that you just stick in the crock pot and let it cook on it's own all day, right? I know I do. It does warm up the kitchen a bit in the summer, but this recipe is too good not to make. My husband had specifically requested a shredded beef barbecue recipe so I found one to try and it was great!

Most of the time we go the lazy route and buy the stuff that is already made. Making it yourself is slightly cheaper and you get more out of it! It wasn't even hard to make either. 
 
 We even had the leftovers for dinner last night and they were still delicious. Ready to find out what recipe I used? It was adapted from one I found at tasteofhome.com. Check it out:

Shredded Beef Barbeque
  • 1 Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
  • 1 cup Ketchup
  • 1 cup Water
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Onion
  • 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
  • 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Pepper

1. Place the roast in a 5 quart slow cooker. Combine all the other ingredients and pour over the roast.
 
2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Shred the meat with two forks and place it back in the sauce. 
 
3. Serve on buns or rolls as sandwiches. Enjoy!
 
Shredded Beef Barbeque




Want to stay updated? Follow me on Twitter, Facebook or even Pinterest! 
(This post might also be linked up to some of these lovely parties.)

4 comments :

  1. OMG that looks so yum! My partner hates slow cooked meat so I miss out on nice things like this, but I may have to make it and stockpile it in the freezer for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious. I be it makes the house have a nice aroma, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering now! This looks sooooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this looks SO good! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...