Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Blog was Nominated!

My Blog was Nominated!

I'm excited to say that my blog was nominated for a Liebster Award! The lovely Angela over at Cuddles & Cartoons nominated me back in March and since I'm still figuring out Google+ I didn't see the notification about it until this week. I really need to start using that more often...

You might be wondering what exactly is a Liebster Award anyways? It is an award that is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. "Liebster" is German and means: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. It's a great way to connect with other bloggers and spread the word about newer or smaller blogs. 

Here are the rules for receiving the award:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you and create 11 new questions for the people that you tag to answer. 
4. Nominate 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers for the award and let them know. 

I just had a post with 10 random facts about me last week, but I think I can still come up with 11 new ones:
1. I took fencing lessons in college. Also ballroom dancing.
2. One time I dislocated my shoulder throwing a frisbee.
3. My favorite color is green.
4. I love juggling and throwing knives.
5. I don't like milk chocolate and I'm not a big fan of ice cream.
6. I'm not a very "girly" girl.
7. I only drink soda once a week.
8. I am scared of fish.
9. I love traveling and have been to Brazil, Haiti, Romania, Hungary, Canada (of course, it's only 3 hours away) Mexico, and many different states.
10. I have glasses but never wear them.
11. I was home-schooled from kindergarten until graduation.

My 11 Questions to answer:

1.  What is your favorite topic to blog about?
Anything having to do with babies or pregnancy or baking.
 
2. If you had to change the name of your blog what would it be?
Well since I just started this blog because I wanted a different name, I like what I have now! 
 
3. If you could blog about anything without being negatively labeled, what would it be?
I do blog about whatever I want to already.
 
4. Would you rather go camping or stay in a hotel?
Camping! So much more to do. Unless it's raining or cold, than I'll pick the hotel. I'm a wimp.
 
5. Biggest pet peeve?
People who stand in the aisles of the grocery store blocking everyone else and not noticing. 
 
6. Most important item on your grocery list?
Cereal and milk. I love cold cereal, I could eat it for every meal if I had to. 
 
7. Beaches or mountains?
Mountains. I don't really like the beach. I am scared of fish as I mentioned above. I get bored just sitting there. I'd rather go hiking in the mountains any day. 
 
8. If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be?
I wouldn't change anything right now. I love my life. (So cheesy). Okay, I'd take more money, but who wouldn't? 
 
9. What do you look for in a significant other? 
I already have one, so I don't look. They better be funny and get my jokes though. 
 
10. Name one thing that makes you laugh uncontrollably?
That usually only happens when I'm really tired. I get goofy. Otherwise my babies being silly always makes me laugh, I can't help it, they are so cute!

Blogs I am nominating:
 
 
11 Questions for the blogs I nominated:

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite candy?
4. What is your biggest fear?
5. What is the worst injury that every happened to you?
6. What was the last book you read?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. Silver or gold?
9. What is something that you have recently learned?
10. What is your dream job?
11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

 

Want to stay updated? Follow me on Twitter, Facebook or even Pinterest! 
(This post might also be linked up to some of these lovely parties.)

1 comment :

  1. Sorry--how did I just see this?? :/ I'll blame it on the kids...
    I love your answers! I think I could eat cereal for every meal too. And some days I do!
    I was also home-schooled from kindergarten through graduation.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...